Health and Welfare Benefits
During your first weeks at NiSource, you'll have the opportunity to learn specific details about your health and welfare benefits options. NiSource's benefits help you manage the health and well-being of you and your family. After reviewing the specific options, you will be able to make your health and welfare elections.
Medical Plans Overview
Choose the medical coverage that meets your needs and the needs of your family. New employees are eligible for coverage on the first day of employment. Options include:
- Preferred Provider Option (PPO) with prescription drugs.
- Two High Deductible PPO plans with prescription drugs. These plans are offered with a pre-tax healthcare savings account (HSA) that allows for pre-tax contributions up to the IRS limit.
- HMO plans – These plans are offered where available.
- If you do not wish to enroll in a NiSource medical benefits plan, you will receive an opt-out credit of $100 per month.
Three dental plans are offered to provide employees with the option of preventive care, basic care, or orthodontia and serious care. If you do not wish to enroll in a NiSource dental benefits plan, you will receive an opt-out credit of $10 per month.
NiSource offers two vision plans to meet employees' needs, whether they need exams only or exams with lenses and glasses.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employees may enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare expenses. FSAs allow for pre-tax contributions up to the IRS limit. Dependent Care FSAs are also available.
Paid Short Term disability sick pay (STD) and Paid Long Term disability (LTD) are available. Employees have the option to purchase additional coverage.
Life and Accident Insurance
- Life insurance coverage of two times your base pay is paid by the company. Employees have the option to elect additional coverage up to six times base pay.
- Life insurance for spouse and dependents is available for purchase.
- Employees are covered for $50,000 in accident coverage while traveling on company business.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance provides coverage up to two times your base pay, and the premium is paid by the company. Employees have the option to purchase additional coverage.