Plans, organizes, and manages a project (or series of smaller projects/task orders of a larger program) for successful performance consistent with contractual agreements and company policies. Responsible for deliverable tracking and management reporting.
- Manage projects by collaborating and interfacing with Renewable Assets, Commercial Joint Venture (JV) Assets, and other internal/external stakeholders team to ensure project compliance within NISPCO standards
- Manage with overall responsibility of the project life cycle of Generation Renewable Assets projects
- Responsible for all substantive projects within Generation Renewable Assets by managing projects in accordance with the PMI Project Management Methodologies and NIPSCO’s internal organizational processes and procedures
- Implement project integration processes to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control, and close projects by implementing quality procurement, cost, schedule, communication, and risk management processes
- Create reports for internal stakeholders and leadership on a recurring basis and act as the main liaison for questions and improvements for these reports
- Manage projects by understanding NIPSCO and NiSource’s risk appetite to better communicate and manage project risk and deviations to the project plan
- Effectively engage project stakeholders; employs effective strategies in dealing with adverse or contentious stakeholders and integrate the project objectives with the composite of individual project stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Efficiently manage projects incorporating continuous process improvement and exhibiting professional change management behaviors
- Plan project oversight with these different cost allocations between capital, retirement, and O&M in mind
- Lead and coordinate regularly cadenced or impromptu meetings with stakeholders
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Integrated Project Plan (IPP) by coordinating and managing information flow between parties
- Interpret and understand the various agreements and structures of our JV assets and our NIPSCO owned assets
- Interface with multiple third parties to track progress of construction progress. Collaborated, create, and report out on schedule and cost deviations and lead the efforts to ensure actions plans are created and implemented
- Collaborate with other internal and external Project Managers to ensure NIPSCO Generation Renewable Assets and NIPSCO’s general needs are being met
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully create and maintain an environment supportive of inclusion and diversity
- Document lessons learned from previous or current projects to recommend future alignment activities or process improvement changes within the business unit’s needs
- Perform ad hoc requests from the Renewable Assets and other internal teams
Required Qualifications For Position
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Construction, Project Management, or other related field of study
- 4-6 years managing construction or improvement related projects
- 4-6 years working with project budgets
- Strong proficiency in project management information systems (PMIS) utilization and integration; scheduling software, risk management software, cost management software, and performance metrics (and dashboards) and tool integration of project controls information
- Strong proficiency in worksheet and word processing tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to lead, manage, and direct the project management team and project stakeholders
- Applies an increasing proficiency in leadership, management, organizational theory, personal, interpersonal skills in "situational leadership" applications
- Manages project stakeholders using cognitive ability, personal effectiveness, innovation, value-based decision-making, integrated communication (soft and hard skills); conflict resolution, and team work
- Capability to efficiently perform duties under stringent deadlines, schedules, and conditions
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to work independently
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI within 1 Year
- Motor Vehicle Operator License
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- 1-3 years knowledge of wind and solar assets
- 1-3 years working in large industrial capital project environments
- Standing - Occasionally
- Walking - Frequently
- Sitting - Constantly
- Lifting - N/A
- Carrying - N/A
- Pushing - N/A
- Pulling - N/A
- Climbing - Rarely
- Balancing - N/A
- Stooping - N/A
- Kneeling - Rarely
- Crouching - Rarely
- Crawling - Rarely
- Reaching - N/A
- Handling - N/A
- Grasping - N/A
- Feeling - N/A
- Talking - Constantly
- Hearing - Constantly
- Repetitive Motions - Constantly
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination - Rarely
- The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
$91,000.00 - $136,600.00
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.