Job Title: Lead IT Analyst
Job Code: 106221
The IT Analyst helps manage the provision of outsourced server operations and network services (Infrastructure Services), including hardware and software asset management services for all NiSource business units. This role works closely with the Director of IT Operations and IT Operations Managers to ensure that Infrastructure Services are provided within the scope of the Service contract as reflected by service levels, the statement of work and pertinent schedules/exhibits. This role also works closely with their Service Provider Delivery Managers to track and monitor the overall progress of IT Operations processes and small-to-medium sized Infrastructure Services projects and work directly with customers, IT Service Delivery, IT Support Services and service providers to ensure issues are communicated and resolved in a timely fashion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the IT Operations Director or IT Operation Manager(s), performs routine assignments in the entry level of the IT Analyst job band
- Works closely with IT Service Delivery, IT Support Services, and business unit professionals, project managers and other areas of NiSource, and Service Providers to perform and/or support operations processes, including procurement and payment processing, spending optimization, and expense management related to infrastructure services
- Helps drive resolution of operational and service-based issues, reviewing, analyzing and reporting on Service Provider operations, as directed by the Director of IT Operations
- Prepares for and help facilitate regular performance review meetings with the Service Provides and prepares performance and status information for NiSource IT and business leaders, as requested
- Resolves or escalates issues related to operations in a timely manner
- Works closely with the IT Support Services to resolve Service Provider related issues and to help ensure accurate reporting related to Service Provider performance
- Works closely with NiSource project managers and Service Provider personnel to help track and monitor projects that meet business needs and adhere to agreed-upon service levels (e.g., budget, schedule, quality)
- Gathers infrastructure services data on spending patterns for analysis and reporting.
- Provides information on spending for company cost allocation and metric reporting.
- Gathers data on day-to-day operational execution of services and equipment delivery for analysis and reporting
- Reviews monthly/annual forecast of expenses for the IT Budget, and analyzes and report variances to budget
- Facilitates audits of processes related to Infrastructure Services.
- Assists in ensuring the Service Providers are adhering to NiSource’s defined standards
- Confirms that Infrastructure Services supporting documentation is available and kept up-to-date
- Maintains a solid understanding of the Service Providers’ operational and service delivery capabilities and processes
- Interacts with Service Provider team members, helping to ensure they are properly qualified and staffed appropriately to meet NiSource business needs
- Maintains a solid understanding of the scope of the Service contracts as reflected by service levels, statement of work and pertinent schedules/exhibits
- Assists with communications for planned and unplanned outages
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts
- 2-3 years’ experience in infrastructure services or infrastructure analysis, deployment and support
- Experience working closely with service providers and delegating operational activities to them, as directed by a director or manager
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure components, trends and best practices
- Solid skills with computers, operating systems and software (MS Office Suite, MS Project, and other IT applications) and ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Excellent analytical abilities, including process analysis and development, problem solving and root cause analysis
- Strong teaming skills, collaboration, negotiation, communication, organizational, people management and conflict resolution skills
- Willing to travel to NiSource business unit or Service Provider locations, as needed
- NiSource business operations knowledge
- 2+ years’ experience in a support function
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and metrics
- General working knowledge of the gas and electric utility industry
- 6+ years of IT experience in varying support functions
- In-depth experience with ITIL processes and metrics (must be ITIL V3 certified)
- Demonstrated experience in leading multiple process improvement initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understands Project Management Fundamentals (PMP certification is a plus)
- Proven track record in leading successful delivery of technical projects
- Can work independently in multiple functional domains
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
$107,000.00 - $160,500.00
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.