Job Title: PM Major Projects
Candidates will be considered for Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager, and Senior Project Manager positions based on education and experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Employs project integration processes to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and effectively transient the project to the customer and ensure project objective accomplishment
- Integrates competence in the product life cycle components to the definition and management of non-product objectives (safety, cost, schedule, human resource, etc.) Expand competence in integration management to align project resources for optimal productivity. Implements product to project scope configuration management. Applies expanding interpersonal skills to lead, manage, and direct the project management team and project stakeholders.
- Employs quality management processes to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Employs risk management processes to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and deliver project objectives
- Employs procurement management proficiencies and processes to effectively transfer product and project risk (threats) and exploit, enhance, and share product opportunities to third parties at a fair and equitable price to establish and deliver objective value to both buyer and seller as a result of the project.
- Employs cost management proficiencies to effectively estimate, budget, and control costs within project objective (success) parameters for the project
- Employs schedule management proficiencies to effectively plan, schedule, and deliver the project within the designated project time objective (success) parameters for the project
- Employs the NIPSCO risk management utility to the development and management of projects, human resources, and stakeholders
- Applies and integrates proficiency in NIPSCO human resource processes and skills to optimize coordination of the project management team performance and ensure optimum coordination is achieved given existing human resource policies and procedures. Uses effective human resource tools and techniques to motivate and drive contractor performance
- Effectively engages project stakeholders; employs effective strategies in dealing with negative stakeholders and integrate the project objectives with the composite of individual project stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Applies proficiency in effective communication management to manage and control project stakeholders
- Applies proficiency in project governance and utilize effective communication and objective management to ensure that the project's safety and environmental objectives are realized.
- The Project Manager will manage the project in accordance with industry best practices, the NIPSCO Organizational Process Assets, the Project Management Guidelines and Standards
Required Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical plus 6 years technical experience or 9 years project/architectural-engineering/technical experience or Project Manager plus 2 years’ experience as a PM
- Expand the project management knowledge base in project management methodology, processes, tools, techniques, and software; increasing personal maturity in project management (Level 3 maturity)
- Expanded comprehension in project management guidelines, standard, processes, and job aids
- Expanded proficiency in project management information systems (PMIS) utilization and integration; scheduling software, risk management software, cost management software, and performance metrics (and dashboards) and tool integration of project controls information
- Applies an increasing proficiency in leadership, management, organizational theory, personal, interpersonal skills in a "situational leadership" application. Manages project stakeholders using cognitive ability, personal effectiveness, innovation, value based decision-making, integrated communication (soft and hard skills); conflict resolution, and team work
- Capability to efficiently perform duties under stringent deadlines, schedules, and conditions.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to work in areas of high noise, dust, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and chemical hazards.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to travel to support project goals and objectives
- All successful applicants will be required to pass the PMP PMI Project Management certification within either one year of their hire date or one year after the employee meets the necessary requirements to qualify for the examination.
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- PMP PMI Project Management Certification; experience in large industrial Capital Project environments.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
$91,000.00 - $136,600.00
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.