**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The Generation System Supervisor (GSS) is responsible maintaining the economic and reliable dispatching of generation assets and loads.
- Oversees the dispatching of NIPSCO’s Renewable assets.
- Operates the electric system generation resources to maintain reliability, respond to system emergencies and adhere to FERC, NERC, RFC, MISO and other applicable policies.
- The GSS has the operating authority to direct Station Control Room Operators and Operations Supervisors to dispatch Generation Assets.
- Under normal Operations, directs and regulates generation resources to affect the most economical dispatch in response to MISO dispatch.
- Coordinates generator maintenance schedules and generator startup / shutdown with MISO Generation & Interchange.
- Participates in the near-term generation portfolio planning process.
- Responds to both Abnormal and Emergency Procedures initiated by MISO.
- Submits generation outages and unit rating changes into the MISO ASM Market and Outage Scheduling System.
- Monitors and implements corrective actions to relieve any abnormal conditions which might jeopardize reliable Bulk Electric System operation.
- Plans and implements Demand Side Management, as prescribed in company rates.
- Accurately completes any reports and forms used in connection with the performance of duties.
- Develop and implement plans to minimize MISO Settlement charges.
- Assist Market Settlements Department in reconciliation of MISO billing.
- Communicate with generation unit natural gas suppliers.
- Directs and assists in the training of employees.
- Review, updates, and initiates internal job procedures.
- Completes training assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications for Position
- BS/BA or comparable experience.
- NERC Certification preferred for hire. Upon hiring, certification required.
- Strong communication in the English language.
- Strong knowledge of electric system operations preferred.
- Strong computing skills including the Microsoft family of software.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use appropriate judgment based upon internal/external business situations.
- Must have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Be able to work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays on a 24-7 real-time desk.
- Be able to work independently (remotely and onsite) or in team environment.
- Be able to exercise decision-making responsibilities on behalf of the company.
- Possess strong computer based operational skills.
- Possess general knowledge of electric rates, regulations, etc.
- Possess good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal, written, communication (speaking and presenting) skills.
- Possess the ability to perform under contingent and emergency situations.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
$91,000.00 - $136,600.00
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.
The Generation System Supervisor is responsible for dispatching & monitoring generation resources, maintaining and documenting the economic and reliable dispatch of NIPSCO’s generation assets in the MISO Market.
As instructed, the Generation System Supervisor is responsible for timely responses to system emergencies and monitoring, documenting, and communicating MISO Market conditions to internal stakeholders.