This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Valparaiso, IN, United States
Req ID: R00933633
Job Title: Environmental Compliance Internship
Job Code: INT0032
The environmental compliance intern will support the work of the NiSource Environmental department and cross-functional Health, Safety and Environmental Execution Team, which is responsible for supporting compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental regulations across NiSource. The intern will receive experience in environmental compliance activities, data gathering, management and reporting processes, and will ultimately be involved with both desk-based and hands-on work in the field. The intern will report to the Manager, Environmental Compliance, and collaborate with the Environmental Compliance Team and other internal business partners. Successful candidate must be capable of working in an outside setting and industrial conditions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with implementation of federal, state and local compliance requirements
• Gather information related to regulated equipment and specific projects or programs
• Support the overall Environmental department with regulatory research and interpretation
• Participate in field exercises and project inspections
• Prepare a final capstone project report and present to management
• Overall department support and duties
• Successful candidate will start in summer session
Required Qualifications for Position
• Enrolled in a college or university with a focus in chemistry, environmental
science, engineering, physics or a related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Strong writing, proofreading, communication, and organizational skills
• High performance individual eager to learn and ready to take ownership of assigned duties
• Adaptation to an ever-changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively on teams
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:2023-11-30
Posting End Date (if applicable):