Job Title: Supervisor Maintenance
Job Code: 104107
Directs the plant maintenance activities to achieve a high level of equipment and unit availability to support system operations requirements. Realizes a competitive production cost and high utilization of assets by employing effective maintenance strategies with emphasis on work force safety and productivity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises a team of Operations and Maintenance Technicians in performing corrective and predictive maintenance on plant systems and equipment.
- Maintains a safe work environment. Inspects job sites and reviews maintenance procedures for hazards. Conducts pre-job safety briefs for all assigned work. Informs employees of safety rules and regulations and consistently enforces them.
- Maintain team’s ability to operate facility by ensuring they get time in control room and simulator.
- Places high priority on environmental equipment and systems maintenance to assure compliance with environmental permits and procedures. Emphasizes the commitment to performing all work in compliance with environmental procedures with crafts and contractors.
- Coordinate with the Operations Superintendent, Engineering, and Plant Manager to develop effective repair strategies and maintenance schedules.
- Assign scheduled and emergency maintenance activities. Determines when additional resources, overtime or contracted services are required.
- Administers the Employee Code of Conduct, and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Informs employees of work performance standards and expectations. Performs semi-annual employee performance reviews for applicable employees.
- Develop budget requests for plant equipment and systems maintenance and capital improvements. Submit initiatives that define the project purpose, scope, estimated cost and benefits. Follow through with implementation of approved projects.
- Control and track department expenses to operate within budget. Forecast expenses on a Monthly basis.
- Assumes standby responsibilities on a rotating basis. Responds to emergency calls outside of his or her normal work schedule on a regular basis.
- Trains and evaluates employees in the proper use of tools, machinery, maintenance procedures and practices, and safe work practices.
- Assist operating departments in monitoring equipment and troubleshooting abnormal operating conditions. Determine the appropriate maintenance scope and timing of repairs.
Required Qualifications for Position
- Understands and committed to maintaining safe work practices. Five years’ experience in Maintenance or other related Engineering discipline obtained in Power Plant similar industrial process or military service.
- Strong technical background and understanding of Power Plant equipment and systems and operations.
- Ability to utilize predictive maintenance techniques such as thermography, vibration analysis, ultrasound, and tribology.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and/or instrumentation maintenance procedures and work practices.
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- Able to effectively manage several projects at one time.
- Understanding of the elements of the maintenance management process.
- Able to effectively communicate through a variety of media with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Familiar with other maintenance disciplines and understands relationship between equipment mechanical, electrical and controls. Experience or formal training in Power Plant operating departments, project management, and maintenance management practices.
- Ability to qualify on all watches of a combined cycle Power Plant.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.