Job Title: IT Project Manager
Job Code: 104591
The Project Manager plans and manages medium-to-large sized projects of moderate-to-high complexity, or portfolio of medium-to-small projects, and ensures project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed on scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives. The Project Manager will be accountable for the project team’s day-to-day execution and compliance with prescribed methodology process, including project charter development, project initiation and facilitation, project plan development, risk and issues management, quality planning, and communications planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develops and manages cross-functional IT projects, application implementation, and infrastructure initiatives
- Works with business groups to create and manage project priorities and clearly communicate these priorities to technology partners.
- Ability to create and manage a two year technology project road map with high level delivery milestones to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Works with NiSource technology partners to ensure projects are delivered on time Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies issues, and devises contingency plans
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team
- Ensures that work is carried out to a high standard and complies with the PMO guidelines
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path
- Estimates, Plans, schedules, and tracks project timelines, milestones, financials and deliverables using appropriate tools
- Develops clear and concise documentation to identify processes, problems, and action plans as well as design attractive and simple sketches, charts, diagrams, and other illustrative material to facilitate communication of complicated topics
- Provides frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of schedules, milestones, and vendor accountability
- Facilitates collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels and serves as a role model for teamwork
- Maximizes availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously looks to improve efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly
- Liaises and negotiates with contractors and external suppliers to clearly communicate technical issues, and seeks economies of scale
- Improves quality results by implementing unit, system and integration testing cycles
- Proactively identifies and communicates risks to project development and schedule
- Monitors and drives resolution of issues
- Adheres to Governance, PM methods, and tools/templates as appropriate
Required Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools
- Agile process experience for application implementation
- Basic understanding of IT Enterprise technologies
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 7+ years of overall work experience
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with NiSource technology partners
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Experience with project cost management and resource capacity planning
- Experience with business process development and change management
Preferred Qualifications for Position
- Experience in the utilities industry
- Cloud-based, SaaS, and on premise application implementation and integration experience
- PMP certification
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.