Job Title: Senior PMO Analyst
Job Code: 106579
The PMO Analyst is a position within the IT Planning & Portfolio Management department and supports successful IT project execution.
This position will report to the Manager Methodology, and will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitates a continuous improvement process for the Project Management Methodology (PMM)
- Evaluates PMM effectiveness in helping projects meet IT delivery goals and objectives
- Identifies process improvements based on project performance metrics and lessons learned
- Plans and implements Project Management process improvements
- Develops and delivers training and communication on PMM processes
- Oversees the collection and application of Lessons Learned
- Assisting in coaching project managers on industry best practices
- Responsive and timely issue resolution
- Ensures proper traceability between test scripts and requirements within Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Supports project teams in providing daily test metrics & reporting
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities and uses the information to draw conclusions develop appropriate solutions.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Proactively recognizes and implements opportunities to prevent issue recurrence.
- Builds strategic relationships with internal and external groups to proactively identify potential risk areas and mitigate impacts to project execution.
- Supports regulatory initiatives by gathering data and preparing regulatory schedules and/or preparing pro-forma calculations, testimony and data requests; recognizes situations where the regulatory framework and rate case outcomes drive our business.
- Demonstrates a subject matter expertise in project management processes, metrics, measures, and key strategic business initiatives; understands and utilizes industry best practices and data as they relate to job responsibilities.
- Identifies opportunities to further apply industry standards and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Has strong knowledge of other department’s roles and interactions with IT and the larger organization.
- Collaborates openly with cross-functional teams to perform work functions.
- Proactively performs impact analysis and "what-if" modeling for the active projects.
- Provides recommendations based on scenario analysis and leads the implementation, as appropriate.
- Utilizes and promotes the use of standardized templates; creates new templates and recommends future enhancements.
- Develops and monitors post-implementation reporting for further refinement and sustainability.
- Demonstrates our commitment to quality by documenting work fully and accurately.
- Compiles, organizes and formats data, including qualitative analysis required for internal (IT) and external (NiSource) reporting
- Composes clear, direct, concise, and complete verbal & written messages; Summarizes and presents information in executive level presentations
- Stays focused and meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Seeks and acquires new competencies, work methods, ideas, and information that will improve own efficiency and effectiveness on the job.
- Challenges the status-quo of existing processes to ensure efficiency and flexibility to support ever-changing business requirements; facilitates and promotes continuous improvement of business processes.
- Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant.
- Prepares for group meetings by identifying the key issues, goals, and stakeholder expectations.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, the ability to analyze and communicate trends, and the drive and commitment to achieve goals and business results.
- Identifies potential issues and risks to project success and develops plans to resolve and mitigate.
- Identifies the sequence of tasks and the resources needed to achieve goals; prioritizes key action steps; evaluates progress against schedule and goal.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, as well as the drive and commitment to achieve goals and business results with a sense of urgency.
- Builds relationships with, and is able to influence, co-workers; provides teammates with coaching and mentorship.
Required Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics)
- 4+ years of experience in project management as a project manager, test lead, lead business analyst or a related role on multiple projects with a total budget of >$1M and a duration of at least 8 months OR in audit, regulatory or compliance fields with focus on IT project delivery.
- Demonstrated Knowledge and Experience with Microfocus Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). This is formerly known as HP ALM.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL
- Knowledge and experience with testing and test frameworks
- Demonstrated experience leading process improvements
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Can work independently in the assigned functional domain
- Experience with MS Project incl. Project Server, MS Excel, MS Office, MS PowerPoint, and Visio a plus
- Must exhibit the NiSource Way and incorporate values into work activities and initiatives: Personal Accountability, Integrity, Results, Inclusion and Teamwork
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong experience with Service Now PPM
- Utilities Industry experience
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.