Job Title: Construction Services Front Line Leader
Job Code: 104086
Reporting Location: 12 Sandstone Way, Dunbar, PA 15431
Manage the activities associated with construction and welders in accordance with all applicable requirements, ensuring safe, reliable service to customers in an efficient, economical manner. Coordinates with Engineering, field operations leadership and Scheduling Leaders to ensure cost-effective construction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a geographically dispersed workforce
- Manages capital construction, improves capital spending efficiency and return on invested capital
- Implements best practices while driving functional consistency, process standardization and operational excellence
- Supports a project management and planning culture
- Promotes the necessary environment for effective internal customer satisfaction and collaboration
- Partners with Field Operations, New Business, and other technical operations functions to meet strategic goals and objectives
- Assures activities and processes are implemented to ensure the safe, reliable and cost effective delivery of service to customers
- Effective use of technology, tools and planning techniques to improve process results.
- Fosters and promotes valued relationships with government entities, industry associates, company affiliates, and contractors
- Ensures the occupational and personal development of direct reports
- Promotes and assures safe working environment and public safety
- Executes construction services strategies
- Implement and Manage pipeline construction contracts
- Works with Engineering on project design and job costing
- Assure effective coordination scheduling and resource planning of construction jobs and welding resources in coordination IC schedulers and scheduling leaders
- Manages efficient, safe and quality construction of new contracted capital and O&M work
- Ensures timely and accurate invoice payments to contractor
- Monitors appropriate contractor qualifications and certifications and ensures proper documentation
- Assists in establishing and monitoring contractor performance metrics
- Collaborates with peers to ensure that operating standards and construction practices comply with policies and procedures
- Design and manage strategic construction objectives.
- Safe/efficient high-quality construction work that complies with policies, practices, and standards
- All internal/external customer-responsive construction support
- Complete construction projects which meet customer expectations and budget requirements
- Strategic, effective counseling for "company vs. contract" scenarios
- Relationships with external municipalities and local authorities
- Timely and accurate invoice payments to contractor
Required Qualifications for Position
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in underground utility construction
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of gas operations including gas flow, construction, pipeline and/or paving contracts and emergency response
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal operating codes
- Strong knowledge of policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to construction
- Valid Driver's License
- Working knowledge of operations support systems, i.e. WMS, etc.
- Proficiency with personal computers
- Analyze and Solve Problems
- Make Sound Decisions
Preferred Additional Qualifications for Position
- Three (3) years leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business related field
- Experience working with pipeline contractors
- Construction Inspection/Welding experience
- Influencing and negotiating
- Seasoned judgment
- Manage Execution
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of your co-workers. Stay focused on the task at hand and promote productivity through good work habits.
Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date (if applicable):
Please note that the job posting will close on the day before the posting end date.